About OSCAR-Hongda Perovskite Thin Film ITC
Perovskite materials exhibit intriguing and outstanding physical properties that have been extensively studied for practical applications. Perovskite technology has been a broad research area open to many revolutionary discoveries for new device concepts in photovoltaics, light-emitting diodes, memories, medical detection and imaging, etc. In particular, perovskite solar cells have shown remarkable progress with rapid increases in efficiency, from 3.8% in 2009 to 25.7% today, close to the maximum efficiency achieved in single-junction silicon solar cells. Perovskite solar cells have therefore been the fastest-advancing solar technology with the potential of achieving even higher efficiencies and very low production costs.
The core of perovskite technology lies in the preparation of high-quality thin films, whose micro/macro morphology and crystallinity can significantly affect the optoelectronic properties of perovskite films, and the quality of thin-film heavily depends on the preparation processes and deposition conditions. OSCAR-Hongda Perovskite Thin-Film Innovation Technology Centre is established for the systematic characterization and comparison of the morphology, optoelectronic properties and film yield for different manufacturing methods, the development of high-quality perovskite thin-film, mastering the key technologies for the preparation of large-area devices. These will have important guiding significance for the application of perovskite technology and its commercialization process in the fields of solar cells, light-emitting devices and imaging, etc.
The principal Investigator of the ITC are Prof. Paul Stavrinou and Dr. Jingsong Huang, with the guidance by Prof. Donal Bradley, CBE, FRS, CEng, FIET, FInstP, FRSA.
Prof. Paul Stavrinou
• Associate Professor of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
• Fellow and Senior Dean and Secretary to Governing Body, Lincoln College, University of Oxford
• Former Director of the Plastic Electronics Centre for Doctoral Training, Imperial College London
• EPSRC Advanced Research Fellowship holder (2005-10) in metallic nanoscale photonics
Dr. Jingsong Huang
• OSCAR Co-PI
• Head of Perovskite Thin-Film ITC
• Head of Optoelectronic Technology Laboratory
• Visiting Fellow of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
• Visiting Professor of South China University of Technology
• Former Senior Research Scientist of Oxford Photovoltaics
Prof. Donal Bradley
• Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
• Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
• Fellow of the Institute of Physics (FIP)
• Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET)
• Chartered Engineer and Fellow of the Royal Society of Art (CEng, FRSA)
• Founding Director of the Centre for Plastic Electronics
• Former Head of the Department of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Oxford
• Former Vice Chancellor for Research, Imperial College London
• Research Technician
• Research interests: Fabrication of high-quality solution-processed perovskite thin-films; Development of large-area photovoltaic devices, especially perovskite solar cells, using printing methods.
• Research Engineer
• Research interests: Research and development of perovskite thin film technology for solar cells and luminescent displays.
• Research Engineer
• An optoelectronic researcher with research interest includes fabrication of semiconductor thin-film devices for energy and optical applications. Skilled in development and characterisation of Perovskite and Quantum Dots (QDs) based devices for solar energy conversion and IR imaging.
About Shangqiu Hongda Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.
Hongda optoelectronics Co., Ltd. is a high-end functional glass manufacturing enterprise located in Shangqiu City, Henan Province, dedicated to the production of building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) glass, electric heating glass, transparent display glass, conductive glass, ultra-thin photovoltaic glass, and special optical glass for displays. The collaborator actively develops programmes for training, research and production of emerging technologies, and forms a complete technological and industrial strategic layout, mainly focusing on innovative platform systems such as thin-film photovoltaic materials, devices and modules, BIPV technology, flexible electronic materials, and high-end equipment manufacturing.