The Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research (OSCAR) is the University of Oxford’s first overseas centre for advanced physical and engineering science research, primarily expanding on activities from across the University’s Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division. OSCAR is located within the Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), in the historical city of Suzhou, approximately 60km west of Shanghai.
Research programmes at OSCAR are led by established Professors from the University of Oxford and will initially focus on research in the following themes:
- Biomedical Engineering and Healthcare
- Environment and Biotechnology
- Nanotechnology and Functional Materials
- Mathematical Modelling and Data Analytics
Following the completion of a state-of-art research building, OSCAR is recruiting its first wave of researchers. 36 research posts are available across three different levels:
- Senior Research Scientists – experienced researchers who can work independently and can help the Oxford-based PIs to supervise the research group in China
- Research Scientists – postdoctoral researchers who have recently completed a PhD in a relevant field
- Research Technicians – with Masters-level training or equivalent
Researchers will be employed by OSCAR in Suzhou, China, but are expected to spend some time at the University of Oxford, UK, to integrate with the research groups of the OSCAR PIs. OSCAR offers internationally competitive salaries and the positions are for three years in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
For informal enquiries please contact the Recruitment Office
Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research