Administrative Assistant to General Manager (Fixed term)
Administrative Assistant to General Manager （Fixed term）
OSCAR (Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research)
Suzhou, Jiangsu, PR. China中国江苏苏州
A competitive remuneration package will apply，depending on experience
Fixed term (six months)
General Manager 向总经理负责
The start date for this post is Dec 2019
The closing date is 10 Nov 2019.
The role 职务
The Administrative Assistant to the General Manager will provide administrative and secretarial support to the GM and assist to ensure the effective operations of the Centre.
To provide a diary management, administrative and secretarial support service for the General Manager of the Centre, including responding to postal correspondence, telephone calls, emails, diverting such correspondence to other staffs where appropriate. 为总经理提供日常管理、行政和秘书支持等协助，包括负责就相关的邮政函件、电话、电子邮件等进行回应，将相应信息转达给其他员工。
Draft weekly newsletter, monthly newsletter, proposals, reports, PPT slides, etc. for the General Manager, either in Chinese or English. Desirable: have relevant experience in media.为总经理起草周报、月刊，中英文提案、报告、幻灯片等。有媒体工作经验优先。
Be responsible for calendar management, event planning, and travel arrangements for the GM. Ensure the appropriate coordination of meetings and other big events, including agenda and minutes preparation, venue booking, catering etc.
Assist to receive the visitors and guests to the Centre.
Assist General Manager with HR related work
Manage the administration of recruitment exercises which will include sourcing resumes, generating letters to applicants, arrange interviews etc. Prepare and file the recruiting documents.
Assist to run the OSCAR Summer Internship Program procedure, including but not limited to collecting internship vacancies, posting internships on Oxford Careers Service, etc.
Undertake other projects and activities as directed by the General Manager to support the operations of the Centre.
Selection criteria 选拔标准
· Experience of managing administrative processes and reception or customer facing work.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Modern Standard (Mandarin) Chinese and English.
· The ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, and a willingness to resolve situations, as well as knowing when to refer issues to others.
· Problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment and ability to prioritize workload during busy periods
· Ability to use standard computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT).
· Master’s degree and/or relevant business administration experience.
Guidance for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in applying for posts at the Oxford-Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research (OSCAR). Please read the following tips to help you proceed with the application process.
Before the application:
Please read carefully the job description and selection criteria for the post for which you are applying at the OSCAR website: https://oscar.web.ox.ac.uk to determine whether you have the required skills, knowledge, and experience as advertised. Please DO NOT apply for the posts which are currently unavailable. We typically receive many applications for each post, and so you will need to show in a covering letter how you meet the essential criteria and the desirable criteria in order to be shortlisted for interview.
Required Application documents:
- Please submit a covering letter and CV (both in English and in PDF) by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email subject: the title of the post for which you are applying.
- Email content: please include your contact information, name, telephone number, and any dates for which you would not be available for interview.
Covering letter (no longer than one page)
Use the covering letter to explain your motivation for joining OSCAR, and state how your skills and experience match these requirements. Please provide evidence that you have the skills, knowledge, experience, qualifications that match the requirements of the post. The strongest applications provide examples of previous work that demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria. Check your spelling and grammar; successful applications are typically proof-read to give the best impression to the selection panel.
Curriculum Vitae (CV, no longer than 8 pages)
Check that your CV is up-to-date and keep your CV within the page limit. Highlight the skills and experience that are relevant to the post for which you are applying. Avoid sending a generic CV; the strongest applications are those for which CVs are tailored for the needs of the post for which the candidate is applying. Give details of your education, employment history, publication record, lists of prizes, and voluntary experience.
After the application:
When you submit an application, the information you supply on your application will be provided to a selection panel, who will use it to assess your suitability for the post against the published selection criteria. You may be contacted via e-mail at any date regarding your application.
Your information is held securely in a database that is owned by OSCAR. The data will not be passed to external organisations or individuals other than those acting in a capacity as agents for OSCAR for software support purposes, or where an external body is party to the recruitment process.
When you submit an application to OSCAR you must confirm that you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, including the following declaration.
- The information provided in the application materials is true and complete. I understand that any offer of employment may be conditional upon satisfactory screening.
- I consent to be contacted by OSCAR at any date regarding my application.
- I consent to the information given in this application being stored and processed in accordance with the data protection rules at OSCAR.
Thank you again for your interest in applying for a post at OSCAR.
Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research